The Warrior Swagger Leg Pad is one of the few mid-level pads still designed and constructed here in North America. The pad features a one-piece core that has a medium to soft flex at the boot and the knee. By using one solid foam core to constuct the pad, Warrior has minimized pad shrinkage while still allowing for flex in key areas. Hybrid style goalies who desire a mobile pad will be attracted to the Swagger.
The Swagger has a flat face with flatter-style knee rolls built in for added flexibility. The outer roll of the pad is narrower than most competitors, which increases the flat blocking surface (flatter surface = more predictable rebound control) and decreases pad weight. The medial (inside) edge is flat, and it is thinner at the top to allow the pads to overlap somewhat in the stance position. The outermost knee riser is wide, and the pad features a wide, angled calf-wedge to help trap pucks that sneak underneath the pad face.
The knee lock and leg channel are on the wide side, and the leg channel is shallow. The jenpro boot channel is centered on the boot and is of medium depth. The calf-wraps are large enough to nearly encircle the entire calf, and it features an adjustable velcro strap to customize the fit of the pad to the shin. The knee lock is wide enough to accomodate knee pads, and the knee risers feature one 1/2 block and one 1" block (the 1" block is removeable if desired). Leather straps run from the boot to just below the knee, and adjustable nylon straps run at the knee and thigh. A contoured HD foam thigh guard is standard.
- Elite-level lightweight package with controlled mobility
- Progressive flat-face construction with anatomical knee flex area
- Thinner outside foll allows for larger flat-face surface area
- High-density foam single-core construction
- Mulit-layer knee stack provides a stable landing surface
- Padded leg channel with adjustable stretch straps
- Fully sublimated outside gusset for lighter weight and durability
- Dual break zones for controlled flexing
- One-piece flat inside glide support for gapless ice contact and stability
- Clean seam inner calf flaps for increased surface coverage in key high-wear zones