The Brian's Sub Zero goal pad replaces the Focus pads from previous years, but don't think of it as just a "Focus upgrade". Instead, think of the Sub Zero as something that you have never seen before - because you haven't!
For starters, the 2011 Sub Zero is the lightest pad on the market, weighing in at only 4.5 lbs. The reduction in weight is due primarily to Brian's proprietary "E Foam" - a foam that is produced by and only available in Brian's goalie pads. In addition to being incredibly light weight, the foam is also rigid enough to hold and maintain it's pre-molded, dynamic "S" shape throughout the life of the pad. Goalies with wide or narrow butterflies will be able to seal the five hole with ease, and they can be comforted in knowing that the pad will shrink minimally, if at all, throughout it's lifetime.
Due specifically to the reduced weight of the pad, Brian's was able to eliminate nearly all of the leather straps on the pad and go instead with their unique "Smart Strap" system. This system uses an adjustable, replaceable "Y" shaped strap placed over a large calf lock in the leg channel, along with a velcro knee strap and leather boot strap, to hold the pad in place. This Smart Strap is better at both keeping the pad placed properly on the leg, and also at centering the pad back on the leg after going down on the ice. The Smart Strap elastic straps can be lengthened or shortened, and the velcro attachment can be placed in any desired location on the opposite calf wrap for a custom fit. Full wrap around calf and leg protection, together with a wide, adjustable velcro strap, aid in keeping the pad on the leg as well.
The stock pads come with a triangular outer roll that has one break below the knee. This triangular roll is lighter than a sqaure roll, and it's shape helps deflect pucks downward towards the ice. The pad is fairly flexible at the knee break, and also at the boot break for added mobility. The boot features an aggressive 78 degree taper, as well as an offset boot channel and toe tie option that will allow the goalie to take a wider stance.
- Features revolutionary E-Foam Technology
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Pre-curved, game ready profile
- Angled outer vertical roll
- 78 Degree standard toe taper
- Strapless design with Smart Strap calf harness
- Single knee break
- Flex indicators on outer panel
- Flat face design for rebound predictability
- Multi-density internal face for lightweight protection and energy absorption
- Completely flat medial edge helps seal pad to the ice
- Squared thigh with multi-layered high density foams
- Internal flex points at knee and ankle
- Available in 32" - 38" and custom sizing
- Custom colors available
- Custom graphics available
- CLICK HERE TO CUSTOMIZE