The Warrior Ritual Custom SE catch glove is a completely new design for 2012. Like it's counterpart, the Ritual Custom PRO catch glove, the SE features a segmented backhand, options for a single, double or triple T pocket, a three point internal strapping system, a wide cuff opening, and the innovative cuff wedge which keeps the glove face square to the puck at address.
Unlike the Custom PRO catch glove, the angle of the thumb plastic on the SE has been opened up to provide for a wider, deeper pocket. Additionally, the SE does not have the full palm foam found in the PRO model, giving it a more traditional feel.
Goalies who have tried the glove here at Total Hockey say that it plays like a cross between a Vaughn T5500 (break angle) and a Vaughn V2 (slightly "cocked forward" hand position).
- Pro-level protection and sizing with a new narrow break
- Open thumb design creates a wide, deep pocket
- Segmented backhand pad allows the pad to open and close the catch glove completely without gaps in protection
- Three-point internal strapping system includes easy access wrist strap, comfort backhand strap and finger stall strap
- Cuff wedge makes the glove position sit comfortably square to the shooter for full coverage
- Traditional 60 degree break
- Thin T top allows for pucks to be scooped off of the ice easily, and it provides a complete seal to the ice when covering the puck