The 2012 Ritual Pro leg pad is a pad built to suit any style. Blocking style goalies will enjoy the flat face, the HD foam construction that help shoot rebounds away from the net, a squared off design for full coverage, and a wider leg channel and knee lock that allow the pad to rotate with ease. Hybrid style goalies will enjoy the softer feeling leg channel, the table top boot and thin thigh rise that allow for easy movements around the net, and customizable knee lock and leg channel that will allow the pad to fit as tight or as loose as you would like. And EVERYONE will enjoy the light weight, the bindingless design, the innovative post wedge, and the natural way that the pads transition to the butterfly.
The Ritual Pro leg pads are quite simply one of the most innovative and functional leg pads to come to market in a long time. This should come as no suprise, as new pad designer for Warrior - Pete Smith - is the brainchild behind numerous pad innovations over the last 26 years, including the foam core box pad, closed toe, knee lifts, the hinged knee, angled top straps, inner panels that allow butterfly slides, and much more. By hiring Smith, Warrior has gained instant credibility in the goalie category.
Though the Ritual Pro's are made overseas, they have little in common with other offshore pads. Nearly all of the materials used to make the pads are produced domestically, with the cost savings coming from labor and not cheaper materials. In the Pro, Warrior has created an entirely new price category - now goalies can get pro level pads at an offshore pad price. There are very few differences between this pad and the Ritual Custom Pro pad.
- Pro level sizing and construction in a lightweight package
- Exclusive bindingless construction allows for a lightweight pad while increasing durability by taking away the typical wear points on the pads
- Rounded boot eliminates friction with the ice
- New "Knee Leveler" stabilizes the knee landing area providing a continuous landing surface
- Adjustable strap position offers a greater degree of strap placement customization
- Internal hinge design allows for flexibility through the knee and ankle while providing a sturdy structure to prevent pad shrinkage and settling
- Exclusive post wedge panel provides increased protection to the outer calf while helping to seal the pad to the post when standing up with knees bent
- Exclusive hinged knee design allows the outer portion of the knee cradle to twist when going into a butterfly, allowing for a smooth rotation with minimal stress on your straps
- Sliding toe bridge allows the pad to be worn snug at the toe, creating a more responsive feel while allowing the full range of movement for the skate to drop to the ice during a butterfly, thus reducing stress on the goalie's ankle, knee and hip
- Squared up design creates a complete seal across the ice when in the butterfly
- Thin thigh profile allows the tops of the pads to overlap each other when in your stance and moving on your feet, thus increasing mobility
- Exclusive "tabletop boot construction" allows the boot to sit and move on top of your skate, increasing mobility and coverage
- Available in sizes 32+1.5", 34+1.5", 36+1.5"