The B 7260 Velocity 5 Blocker is a Junior sized version of the B 7460 adult blocker. It includes the same features that are found in the 7460 so that younger goalies can have the protection and performace that the adult goalies enjoy.
New for 2012, the 7260 features a slightly larger finger length on the palm to accomodate larger hands for a broader range of fit (from Junior to smaller Intermediate sizes). Full pro style finger protectors have been added as well as padding in the thumb and cuff areas. The nash on the palm is made of double layered nash for durability.
- Large side plate with deflector rail
- Tilted face forward board design for added blocking ability
- Lightweight balanced design with beveled edges to reduce weight
- Reinforced thumb protection
- Air cushion protection on back of hand
- Tapered bottom board
- Articulating cuff design
- Vented palm construction for heat dispersal
- Adjustable wrist strap for added glove control
- New Velocity 5 graphics package
Measure your hand from the heel of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, then consult the chart below to find the size that will work for you.
|Blocker Sizing Chart
|4 3/4 - 5 5/8 in.
||5 5/8 - 6 1/4 in.
||6 1/4 - 7 in.
||7 - 8 3/8 in.
|119 - 143 cm
||144 - 160 cm
||161 - 178 cm
||179 - 213 cm
Key to a Proper Fit:
The blocker should be fitted based on hand size. The goalie's fingers should be no more than 1/4" from the end of the fingers in the palm. If the fingers are too long, chances are the hand tabs that tie down the palm to the blocker are too large. This will cause the blocker to wobble, tilt or rotate on the goaltender's hand, seriously affecting control while limiting coverage (blocking surface).