The Brian's Sub Zero catch glove offers the best of both worlds - the wide open presentation of a pancake style glove, with the deep pocket and steeper thumb design of a traditional catcher.
The Sub Zero catch glove features a one piece thumb and cuff design that provides a stable blocking surface. However, in looking at the back of the glove you'll notice the traditional laced seem between the cuff and palm, which gives the glove a little more flexibility than you'll find in other one piece cuffs. The cuff opening on the backhand of the glove is wide open which allows the goalie to put his/her hand deep inside for maximum leverage over the break in the palm. Once inside the glove, you'll feel the new SBA palm - a leathery feeling interior material that gets tackier as it gets wet. This, together with the new locking wrist strap buckle, means that your hand won't slip out of the glove as the game wears on.
The Sub Zero pocket is wide and deep, though it feels a tad bit narrower than the Zero G pocket. To keep the pocket open, Brian's has built a rigid T-bridge into it, which is also heat moldable. This rigid bridge does two things: (1) it insures that pucks that hit the middle or bottom of it fall directly into the pocket, and (2) it forces the pocket open to present the biggest blocking and catching surface possible. The bridge has built in break points in it which help make the glove easy to close, and the fact that it is heat moldable means that you can form it into the shape that you want it.
The palm features Brian's Gel-Tek material to help eliminate stingers, and the backhand is has rigid HD foams to protect the fingers against slashes and cuts. The weight and balance of the glove were exceptional, and our goalies here felt that you could take the glove from the box to the rink with little to no break in time required.
- Deep single, triple diamond T web
- Rigid T top aids in directing pucks into pocket
- Three flex points in T allows for quick break in
- Ultra-lightweight and pro balanced
- Pro internal padding
- Internal Gel-Tek Palm eliminates stingers
- Tri-point velcro hand harness
- New internal SBA Material with improved grip when wet
- Inner wrist pad lock keeps hand secure
- Airknit internal fingers
- Internal elastic strap for custom fit fingers
- Wide cuff opening for better arm and body interaction
- One piece thumb and cuff design provides a stable blocking surface
- Custom colors available
- Custom graphics available
- CLICK HERE TO CUSTOMIZE